This is a /now page alla Derek Sivers, a list of things with which I’m occupied at this point in time (updated March 2021):
- Living/melting in the Philippines while waiting out the coronavirus situation. I moved back here in March 2020, seeking a reboot after several years of “the artist life” in New York. The move ended up coinciding with the pandemic. I don’t plan on being here forever (the tropical climate just doesn’t do it for me), but I’m looking to enjoy not dealing with any immigration system for as long as possible.
- Working remotely with a Singapore-based venture studio, dreaming up new things to build and learning all about startups.
- I’ve decided to become very good at programming. I’m building apps and learning whatever I can get my hands on. Some recent things I’ve tried: native Android development, Flutter, data analysis with Python, full-stack web development. Android is my favorite by far.
- Trying to read and think with more care, and to maintain a public writing habit. I started a newsletter!
Recent “nows” worth noting
- I wrote a new piece (music and text) for an Off-Off-Broadway show called Swell, to premiere virtually in March 2021.